Current Situation/Press Releases
- Not all cases of COVID-19 are tested. The Minnesota Department of Health posts, by county, current lab confirmed cases on its website. There are lab confirmed positive cases of COVID-19 in Rice County.
- The first case in the United States was announced on January 21, 2020. A map of the current number of cases by state is maintained by the CDC.
- Health officials confirmed the first case in Minnesota on March 6, 2020.
- The first confirmed case of COVID-19 in Rice County was on March 18th, 2020.
Rice County COVID-19 Cases
- Total positive : 842
- Age Range: 2 months - 97 years (Average age 37 years old)
- Female: 318 Male: 524
- Ever hospitalized: 35 of 842 cases (Ages 2 months - 91 years. Average age 53.4 years old.)
- Need for ICU : 11 of 35 hospitalized (Ages 2 months - 91 years. Average age 56.6 years old.)
- Living Setting Type: 67% Private Residence; 0.5% Group Home/Long Term Care; 24.5% Prison; 8% Unknown
- Case Zip Code Address: Faribault: 711 Northfield: 107 Other: 24 (Please note - Northfield data limited to Rice County; total tests by county or city not available; community transmission occurring throughout Minnesota)
- Deaths : 7 (Average age 67 years old)
- Last Updated: July 5, 2020
Local public health does not have authority to share private health data, which includes the address of those who test positive with COVID-19, or any other identifying information. Such sharing is a violation of the Minnesota Government Data Practices Act, Minn. Stat.13.09 (a) and (b).