517.05 Credentials Of Minister

     Ministers of any religious denomination, before they are authorized to solemnize a civil marriage, shall file a copy of their credentials of license or ordination or if their religious denomination does not issue credentials, authority from the minister's spiritual assembly, with the local registrar of a county in this state, who shall record the same and give a certificate of filing thereof. The place where the credentials are recorded shall be endorsed upon and recorded with each certificate of civil marriage granted by a minister.

To file an Ordination Document or a License to preform Marriages, provide the County Recorder with one of the following:

          1. Ordination Document

          2. License to preform Marriages

A "Certificate of Filling" with an original signature must also accompany your document submitted for filing.

Minister Ordination Registration fee is $20.00.

*In order to preform Marriages in this State, an Ordination Document or a License must be filed in any County within the State of Minnesota. Per statute*