The Comprehensive Plan contains components relating to economic development; land use; agricultural & natural resource preservation; transportation; housing & livable community design; park, recreations & open space; and sustainability. It contains implementation strategies in the form of goals and objectives to achieve the collaborative vision of the county’s future, and serves as a guide for development decisions over the next ten to twenty years.
After numerous meetings and methods of gathering input, a draft comprehensive plan document has been developed. The draft 2040 Rice County Comprehensive Plan, along with the Fundamental Inventory Guide is below. In addition, the Fundamental Inventory Guide, contains extensive background data and information used in the development of the plan.
Rice County is inviting citizens to provide input on the draft 2040 Comprehensive Plan & Fundamental Inventory Guide over the next Sixty (60) days before refining the document for formal adoption.
Please send all comments and questions to: CompPlanInput@co.rice.mn.us.
- Full 2040 Preliminary Comprehensive Plan Draft
- Chapter 1. Introduction
- Chapter 2. Economic Development
- Chapter 3. Land Use
- Chapter 4. Transportation
- Chapter 5. Housing and Livable Communities Design
- Chapter 6. Parks, Recreation, and Open Space
- Chapter 7. Sustainability
- Chapter 8. Implementation
- Appendix A: Fundamental Inventory Guide
- Appendix B: Public Forum Summary
- Appendix C: Community Survey & Results
- Appendix D: 2025 Rice County Transportation Plan (May 9, 2006)
- Appendix E: Comprehensive Housing Study
- Appendix F: Le Sueur & Rice Active Living Profile
- Appendix G: Rice County Parks, Recreation & Open Space 2011-2021